The International Air & Shipping Association is the longest established organization of its kind in the world.
IASA was founded in 1971 by a group of enterprising freight forwarders who foresaw the need to establish an international network of independent forwarding agents. Our members are committed to cooperate in the handling of each other’s traffic, assuring our high quality standards and immediate two-way communication of shipment status and details.
Since its inception, IASA has grown into a global network of cargo agents in over 40 countries on all five continents. IASA members are independent freight forwarders in each country who have a common goal of service commitment.
Other similar associations do not restrict membership on a per country basis. Only one company can become an authorized IASA member in each country and then only after successfully undergoing the extensive selection process.
The only exceptions are in USA and China where necessarily, the membership has been divided into regions. This rule has allowed IASA to develop into a true worldwide partnership that, at the same time, offers strong local presence and global understanding of the international logistics and shipping needs of our many demanding clients.
Many of the individual principals of our members are also actively involved in the leadership of their national and regional forwarding associations. Examples are:
- Alec Koh of Freightmen, Singapore- Chairman of the Singapore Forwarders Association;
- Angelito Colona of Eagle Express, Philippines – President of the Philipines Air Forwarding Association;
- Keree Chaichanavong of TAC Thailand – President of the Forwarding Association of Thailand;
- Roger Madan of Air Marine, Miami, USA – President of the Florida Customs Brokers & Forwarders Association;
- Lee Connor of J.S. Connor, Baltimore, USA – Director of the National Customs Brokers & Forwarders Association.
See our Members Section for areas where new members are currently being sought.
No need to shop around
Working with IASA forwarders means you can safely leave any shipment to them, whatever the cargo, destination or desired mode of transport. ‘Multi-modal’ is the key word here.
Are their special requirements? Your IASA forwarder can arrange refrigerated warehousing, cool trucks, guarded storage or any other facility needed to keep your cargo safe and in pristine condition.